Routing Workflow Manager
Compass automates the ingestion and distribution of, as well as the tracking and access to, medical imaging studies among disparate clinical and enterprise imaging IT systems. Regardless of the size or complexity of the organization, it can ensure that new studies are delivered to the right radiologist or clinical specialist, at the right time, irrespective of the number of locations. Compass can also provide an EMR a unified list of all instances of a patients’ imaging studies and trigger Navigator to ensure that the correct prior imaging studies are available, even if they reside on multiple facilities PACS or VNA systems.
Enterprise Imaging Capabilities
We strive to help merged and acquired organizations solve their unique enterprise imaging challenges, such as the need to ensure visibility and access to all of a patient’s relevant medical images regardless of where they reside. Compass enables healthcare providers to easily implement and manage a scalable imaging workflow layer that enhances the interoperability between multiple PACS, VNA, and clinical IT environments to ensure they effectively communicate with each other. Compass also supports the adoption and implementation of cloud-based enterprise imaging workflow strategies that include image sharing, remote storage, and the training and implementation of AI/ML algorithms.
The ability of Compass to act as a gateway to ensure that medical imaging studies are properly identified and associated with the correct patient, originating location and study description enables:
- Creation of site-specific workflows that depend upon the interoperability of otherwise incompatible modalities, systems and workflows that span technology domains.
- Automated distribution of DICOM and non-DICOM imaging studies and HL7 files to multiple reading and archiving locations.
- Improved radiology department productivity and clinical report accuracy by automatically including DICOM SR measurement data in the radiologists report
- Time of day, sub-specialty and location specific teleradiology workflow.
- Seamless communication between cloud based medical imaging workflows that are designed around DICOMweb™ technology and legacy DICOM based systems.
Compass is a fast and flexible DICOM router and replicator for DICOM C-Store requests and HL7 messages. With Compass, modalities easily store to multiple destinations without the hassle of repeated resends. Flexible mapping rules and simplified configuration mean modalities can store and route directly via Compass, with a wide variety of rules including day of week and time of day, making Compass the most powerful DICOM and HL7 message router on the market today.
Enterprise scalability meets the needs of the largest integrated health systems.
Compass is built upon a modularly scalable architecture that can serve the high throughput and sophisticated workflow needs of the largest integrated healthcare networks. Capabilities include query spanning with filtering, HL7 message routing, non-DICOM file transport, support for all DICOM message types, load balancing, and DICOM Structured Report (SR) data extraction.
Imagine the impact on your workflow if you could:
- Route, Replicate, Monitor, Schedule & Alter DICOM Store Jobs or HL7 messages
- Manage unlimited sources & destinations
- Identify and/or retrieve all exams for a given patient from multiple, disparate archives with a single request
- Facilitate the interconnection of incompatible devices using tag morphing filters
- Route or multiplex DICOM store jobs based on any DICOM tag
- Use HIPAA compliant, secure, encrypted communication
- Integrate events and actions with HL7 communications
- Drag-and-drop study import & route capability using “hot-folders”
- Parse DICOM Structured Reports and route DICOM data to integrated dictation and transcription systems
- Support both traditional DICOM (DIMSE) and DICOMweb™ messaging protocols
- Convert between DIMSE and DICOMweb™ message types
Compass is now available in the following versions:
|Routing of HL7 messages.
|Direct, in-line DICOM message router.
|Store & forward DICOM studies with unlimited nodes.
|Combines Direct and Store for ultimate DICOM configurability, performance and scalability.
Compass runs on dedicated hardware or a virtual machine.
The latest release is Version 3.5.1.
Recommended Minimum Requirements
| Windows OS (standard/server) 10; 2012
| MS-SQL server version + Management Studio
| Memory (RAM)
| 16 GB
| 16 GB
| 16 GB
| 16 GB
| Hard Drive
| 500 GB
| 250 GB
| 500 GB
| 500 GB
| # of network (NIC) cards (Gigabit)
| Supports high-availability configurations
- Optional features, functions and/or data volume may dictate server upgrades. Microsoft SQL Standard and/or multiple NICs may be preferred for higher performance.
- Enabling various features such as transfer syntax conversion may require upgraded server infrastructure.
- For critical applications, it is recommended that VM resources be reserved.
Standard Windows Failover Cluster (physical or virtual) – Minimal configuration:
- Windows Server 2012 or newer
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 x64
- Microsoft SQL Management Studio for SQL Server 2012 x64
Check out this quick introduction to Compass and see it in action.
Introduction to Compass
Learn about the features and capabilities of the Compass routing workflow manager.
Compare the available versions of Compass and discover its upgrade options and system requirements.