DICOM – General Resources
- DICOM Troubleshooting – Laurel Bridge Software guide for troubleshooting DICOM problems
- DICOM Standard Documents – The DICOM Standard reference documents
- DICOM Standard Status – Supplements, differences and corrections
- DICOM Home – DICOM organization home (formerly NEMA)
- DICOM News – Managed by DICOM Standard site (formerly NEMA)
- DICOM Newsgroup: comp.protocols.dicom – Discussion group for all things DICOM and its protocols.
DICOM – Security Information
DICOM – Third Party Resources
- Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine – recommended reference book, excellent introduction.
- DICOM Reference Guide – a good, terse, general reference for DICOM developers.
- Getting Started with DICOM – DICOM Basics, Third Edition, an excellent and accessible introduction to the topic.
- Healthcare Technology Training – resources at OTech, Inc., which provides corporate and self-study DICOM training.
- DICOM & Healthcare Publications – excellent online resource at OTech, Inc., with DICOM-related books, eBooks, study guides, newsletters, and software.
- Medical Image Format FAQ – David Clunie’s definitive collection of answers to DICOM frequently asked questions.
Healthcare Imaging Organizations
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) – organization dedicated to improving health care in quality, safety, cost-effectiveness, and access through the best use of information technology and management systems.
- Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) home page – initiative to improve the way computer systems in healthcare share information, main welcome page.
- IHE Technical Frameworks – resources for developers, implementers and users of healthcare imaging and information systems.
- PACS Administrators Registry and Certification Association (PARCA) – certification for healthcare imaging and IT system professionals.
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) – international society of radiologists, medical physicists and other medical professionals.
- Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM) – healthcare professional organization for professionals working with imaging technologies and information management.