Encounter & Modality Worklist Manager
Waypoint consolidates and centrally manages multiple, existing modality worklists and HL7 exam order feeds from any number of Hospital and Radiology Information Systems into a single enterprise modality worklist. As a result, Waypoint can automate the assignment of patient demographics for a number of medical imaging workflows, such as point-of-care (POC) ultrasound.
Waypoint enhances the capabilities of our existing enterprise image routing and relevant prior exam fetching workflow solutions within our Enterprise Imaging Workflow Suite. It provides patient demographic information on demand to modalities and other imaging applications, eliminating manual order data entry and thereby enhancing clinical data integrity.
Enterprise Workflow Benefits
- Waypoint enables women’s imaging facilities to improve clinical quality and staff productivity by ensuring relevant prior studies are available to the radiologist prior to patient arrival, even when exams are scheduled 12-24 months in advance.
- Waypoint ensures images acquired at the point-of-care are automatically and accurately associated with the correct patient record by applying the demographic information from the scheduled encounter found in Waypoint.
- Waypoint helps maintain the integrity of the PACS database by providing correct, order-based demographic data to acquisition devices.
Enterprise Imaging Capabilities
- Receives and tracks from multiple sources (HIS/RIS/PACS)
- DICOM, HL7, and DICOMweb orders
- encounters and appointments
- any schedule updates or order status changes
- Implements workflow management services using standards-based communication
- DICOM Modality Worklist (MWL)
- Modality Performed Procedure Step (MPPS)
- Universal Procedure Step (UPS)
- Supports stand-alone deployment or integration with
Save time, prevent critical data entry errors, and improve overall efficiency and reliability.
Waypoint is a versatile component of a complete imaging workflow solution. Integrate Waypoint with Compass and Navigator to improve the workflow process.
Waypoint improves your workflow with many supported features:
- Web-based, distributed access to orders and Waypoint status and management information
- All DICOM worklist-related management classes: MWL, MPPS, and UPS
- Standard HL7 message types: ADT, ORM, ORU
- User-configurable custom mappings of order information (HL7 or DICOM) to DICOM MWL tags
- Runs as a Windows service with a Windows administrative console and a web user interface
- Unlimited order feeds (internal or external, HL7 messages, or other DICOM worklists)
- Unlimited modalities may query Waypoint
- Manual order entry/creation is available for emergency and other unscheduled exams
- Manual disposition of worklist entries: add, modify, remove, mark as performed
- Robust logging support and capabilities, including HIPAA-compliant audit logging
- History of all messages associated with an order is maintained
- Secure networking protocols
- HIPAA compliant
- Supports high-availability configurations: physical or virtual
Waypoint is available in the following versions:
|Manage the worklist for smaller organizations with limited scheduling entities and modalities.
|Support for unlimited scheduling entities and modalities.
Waypoint runs on dedicated hardware or a virtual machine.
The latest release is Version 1.12.1.
Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200 RPM, or better
Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 or newer
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or newer
SQL Standard recommended (SQL Express can be used in limited cases)
The full SQL version must be used for failover cluster configurations
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) – 14.15.26706
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Management Studio